Complete the following steps before beginning installation of FuelCloud hardware. Failure to perform the below checks may result in the FuelCloud system or fuel equipment being damaged or not working as intended.
1. Turn off all power to the pump and tank.
2. Ensure that your installation location meets the following physical requirements:
Hardware will be mounted outside of hazardous zones - see warnings for more information.
- Hardware dimensions for mounting:
- CloudBox (v1.4): 11.02” H x 7.48” W x 5.51” D (279.91mm H x 189.99mm W x 139.95mm D).
- CloudLink (v.14): 12.59” H x 10.59” W x 7.11” D (32.0cm H x 26.9cm W x 18.1cm D).
- Installation location has clear line of site to pump, or is otherwise place in a location where wireless signal will not be blocked or degraded.
- Installation location has no wiring obstructions.
3. Ensure that your site power supply and fuel equipment is compatible with FuelCloud’s hardware. See Hardware Specifications for more information.
4. If also installing a CloudLink, the CloudLink needs to be physically connected to the CloudBox through shielded twisted pair RS-485 wire. The maximum distance the RS-485 connection is 5000 feet, however, the Wi-Fi range of the CloudBox is only 150 feet.