If you make a transaction adjustment in the past it can cause inconsistencies in the Volume, Price, Cost, or Inventory After columns. Other transactions in the tanks activity table will not automatically update based on the changes you made.
We now have a Reconcile feature that will allow you to choose a group of transactions by selecting a starting checkpoint and ending checkpoint in order for the system to align the transactions for you.
Reasons for Reconciliation:
- Add, edit, or delete a transaction in the past
- Back-Dated delivery entry
- Back-Dated price adjustment
Steps to Reconcile:
- Go to My Assets and select Tanks
- Click on the Tank you want to reconcile
- On the Activity tab, click Reconcile
- This will display an alert next to 'reconcile' button when a reconciliation is pending.
- On the Inventory Reconciliation page, to select the first point for reconciliation; click the Select Checkpoint button
- Choose the starting transaction for the reconciliation. It is recommended to select the transaction prior to the change.
- To select the second point for reconciliation, click the Select Checkpoint button. Generally this would be your most recent transaction.
- Once your starting and ending checkpoints have been selected, click the Review Changes button to move onto the Review & Reconcile page
- Review all of the changes to the transactions before clicking Confirm.
Note: Reconciliations cannot be undone.